Coffee News Overview

At Coffee News, our mission is to strengthen our community by promoting businesses while providing the most affordable print advertising platform in the SE Michigan market. With Coffee News, your exposure is not limited to just our weekly publication. Our clients enjoy the added benefit of our extensive networking within the communities that we serve.

What is the Coffee News?

Coffee News is a weekly advertising publication delivered to restaurants, coffee shops, doctors’ offices and anywhere people find themselves waiting. Coffee News has the week’s funniest and most unusual news stories, jokes, trivia, amazing facts, and more. Everything in Coffee News is fun and entertaining – no bad news here! It is a big breath of fresh air to our readers who are tired of hearing only bad news. Coffee News is positive. It provides the “other side of the news”, – something that makes people SMILE! Over 800 franchisees distribute Coffee News every week all across the United States and in over 16 other countries! You can join the millions of people who enjoy reading Coffee News each week.

Who does the Coffee News Serve?

 

Local Business

Your neighborhood business NEEDS neighborhood coverage; Coffee News is an advertising media that allows you to target your customers where they already shop and dine.  Coffee News can reach the  most potent concentration of your customers — for a fraction of the cost!

Distributors

Coffee News is a free weekly publication provided by our local business distribution partners at hundreds of local business locations throughout Livingston and Oakland Counties for the reading pleasure of our local communities. Watch this space to see the locations for each edition.

Readers & Contest

Coffee News is all about fun! Laughs a minute with our joke submissions; future fortunes with our horoscopes; and titillating trivia are sure to cause a stir. And what’s more fun than a contest with a chance to win $50? We get many entries, every day, at our website and by regular mail.

 

Frequently Asked Questions

+ What is your circulation?

Look for us everywhere from fine dining to fast food. 95% of our locations are restaurants, delis, coffee houses, etc. Everywhere people grab a bite to eat or enjoy a cup of coffee. The remaining 5% are distributed to places were people are known to wait such as car washes, oil and lube changes and doctors offices.

+ Can I subscribe to Coffee News?

You cannot subscribe to Coffee News. It is a free publication distributed primarily at restaurants or any other place where you might have some time to read while waiting.

+ How often do you publish and where are you distributed?

New issues are distributed weekly. Click here to find out where you can pick up a copy of Coffee News.

+ How long has Coffee News been in existence?

Coffee News was originally researched and founded by Jean Daum in Winnipeg, Canada in 1988. It has grown to over 1140 editions in more than 16 countries.

+ Can restaurants advertise in Coffee News?

No. As a courtesy to all our restaurant and coffee shop clients in the area, we offer the protection that no business in the restaurant industry will be allowed to advertise in Coffee News. Although most restaurants would love to have an ad, they are disallowed automatically. The reason a Burger King ad in Coffee News, for example, would have every McDonald's refusing to carry Coffee News. No restaurant would welcome their competitor's efforts to take away their customers right inside their own premises, so they would naturally kick them out and Coffee News too. We do offer restaurants carrying Coffee News a free location listing on our web site showing our readers where they can pick up a free copy of Coffee News.

+ How much is an ad?

Ads in Coffee News are less expensive than other print media, so the small business person can easily afford to advertise. For more information regarding our rates, please click here.

+ Why do you recommend that my ad run for at least 4 months?

A good ad is like a seed for a fruit tree. Repetition is its water. Weekly consistency is its sunlight. The longer your seed is allowed to grow in the mind of the public, the greater and greater your harvests will be. What size harvests do you want to see?

+ How do I pay for the ad?

We offer you a lot of flexibility in how you choose to pay for your ad. You may pay for the ad by cash, check or Visa/Mastercard. Payment options are determined by the length of your ad run. For more information regarding our rates, please contact us.

+ Do I need to design the ad?

NO... If you already have a camera ready ad GREAT! If you don't, well then that's great too because we'll work with you to create one. The ad production fee is $35.

+ Can I change an ad now and then?

Yes, you can. There is never a charge for minor ad changes, which may be e-mailed or phoned in.